BLUE LAKE FINE ARTS CAMP SCHOLARSHIP DAY for 8-12th grade students.
December 18, 2013
Holland High School is excited to announce we are hosting Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp scholarship auditions on January 7, 2014. These auditions are easy and not complicated. They are in no way a commitment to go to Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp. Most students that audition receive some scholarship assistance to the summer camp. A letter a few weeks from the audition date will be sent to all students who audition to notify them of the results.
Students interested should fill out the scholarship audition form attached to this email. Additionally, orchestra students who audition for Blue Lake on January 7, 2014 are eligible to apply for the Holland Orchestra Parent Association Summer Study Scholarship. HOPA gives up to $100 for private lessons or up to $200 towards a music camp experience. Students interested in the HOPA scholarship must audition for the Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp Scholarship Day. HOPA summer study scholarships may be used for any certified music camp or private lesson teacher .
- Instrumentalists: 2 scales and an excerpt of a prepared piece (this can be music from class) Guitar, Soprano Sax not eligible for auditions.
- Vocalists: Several vocal warm-ups and an excerpt of a prepared piece.
- Theater Students: A one minute monologue from standard theatrical repertoire: and musical excerpt if auditioning for musical theater.
- Art Students: A small portfolio of work representing a variety of media – photos acceptable.
- Dancers: Must contact Blue Lake directly for dance audition info at 1-800-221-3796 or visit http://www.bluelake.org/scholarships