February 17, 2017
On March 2, 2017, our orchestras will be performing at West Ottawa’s Harbor Lights School for the Michigan School Band and Orchestra District 10 Band and Orchestra Festival. In order to make this happen, we will have a different schedule that day. Please review the information with your family to make sure your student has all information correct so they can make plans for our successful performances. Additionally please fill out the permission slip and return it right away. Fill out emergency contact information with these forms as well.
Performances of the Holland Orchestras at West Ottawa Harbor Lights
10:30 AM Holland 8th Grade Orchestra
12:45 Holland Symphony Orchestra
2:20 Holland Concert Orchestra
4:20 Holland Chamber Orchestra
ALL ORCHESTRA LOW STRINGS AND PERCUSSION LOAD TRAILER AT 7:30 AM – 8 AM. If your instrument is not loaded on the trailer at this time by you regardless of when you play today, it won’t be there for you.
Holland 8th Grade Orchestra
- 9:00 AM 8th load bus depart for Harbor Lights
- 9:30 AM Unpack, tune
- 10:10 AM Warm up
- 10:30AM Perform
- 11:15 AM Depart for Holland High School – Symphony Students Stay and eat lunch at
- 11:45 AM Arrive for lunch – go to 5th hour West Ottawa provided by HOPA
Holland Symphony Orchestra
- 11:00 AM Load bus, depart for Harbor Lights
- 11:30 AM Unpack, tune / eat lunch at West Ottawa provided by HOPA
- 12:15 PM Warmup
- 12:45 PM Perform
- 1:30 PM Depart for Holland High School – Chamber and Concert orchestra students remain and prepare for next performances
- 2:00 PM Go to 6th hour
Holland Concert Orchestra
- 12:30 PM Load bus, depart for Harbor Lights
- 1:00 PM Unpack,
- 2:00 PM Warmup
- 2:20 PM Perform
- 3:20 PM Depart for Holland High School
- 3:45 PM Arrive at Holland High School
- 2:00 PM Stay in 5th hour and change in concert dress to prepare to leave
- 2:30 PM Load bus, depart for Harbor Lights
- 3:00 PM Unpack, tune
- 4:00 PM Warmup
- 4:20 PM Perform
- 5:20 PM Depart for Holland High School
- 5:45 PM Arrive
Things to remember:
- Lower strings and percussion are required to take care of instruments loading, unloading, and loading festival day.
- What to wear:
- Girls: Orchestra Uniform. Black Dress Shoes
- Boys: Black tux coat and pants, black bow tie, white dress shirt, black socks, black dress shoes.
- You are responsible for class work missed so please talk to your teachers regarding this absence which is school related.
- Students staying at West Ottawa may have considerable time on their hands so bring homework.
- Chromebooks will not work on WO internet.
- You may bring extra snacks.
- Make sure when you leave have your music, rosin, extra strings, a tuner, with you.
- Clean up all belongings when you leave West Ottawa.
- It is your responsibility to pay attention to the schedule and board the buses on time. We will not wait for you.